The ingredient of Pistou soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see Notes)
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeds removed, cut into 1cm cubes
- 420g can four-bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 50g thin French beans or thin green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/3 cup) basil pesto
- Chargrilled bread or baguette, to serve
The instruction how to make Pistou soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add leek and sweat over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the carrot and potato and cook, stirring, for a further minute.
- Add stock and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes, then add tomato, four-bean mix, French or green beans and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes, stir in half the pesto, then ladle into serving bowls.
- Add a dollop of remaining pesto. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Pistou soupcalories: 298.272 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 927.95 milligrams sodium