Find out why Taste.com.au members are raving about this version of an Australian classic.
The ingredient of Pumpkin soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1kg peeled pumpkin, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 1L Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
The instruction how to make Pumpkin soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches.
- Return soup to pan, stir through cream and reheat gently. Season and add a little more nutmeg if desired.
Nutritions of Pumpkin soupcalories: 235.415 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 21 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 694.89 milligrams sodium