Serve these easy Mexican chicken skewers with chargrilled tortillas, salsa, sour cream and chilli.
The ingredient of Chicken fajita skewers recipe
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 600g chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large green capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 8 mini flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup medium tomato salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 fresh jalapeno chillies, sliced
The instruction how to make Chicken fajita skewers recipe
- Combine spices, garlic salt and oil in a large bowl (see note). Add chicken. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thread chicken, capsicum and onion, alternately, onto 8 small metal skewers.
- Preheat a greased barbecue grill and hotplate over medium-high heat. Cook skewers on grill, turning, for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Stand for 5 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, cook tortillas on hotplate for 30 seconds each side or until beginning to char.
- Place tortillas on serving plates. Top with skewers, salsa, sour cream, coriander and chilli. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken fajita skewers recipecalories: 534.882 calories
calories: 24.3 grams fat
calories: 8.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 41 grams protein
calories: 107 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 917 milligrams sodium