Aussie meat pies
The ingredient of Aussie meat pies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 big brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean red meat mince
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- three/4 cup Massel red meat inventory
- three/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vegemite
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
The instruction how to make Aussie meat pies
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high warmth. Add onion. Cook for 3 mins or until smooth. Add mince. Cook for four minutes, stirring with a wood spoon, or until browned.
- Mix cornflour and 1 tablespoon of inventory to shape a paste. Add final stock. Add inventory, sauces and Vegemite to mince. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmness to medium-low. Simmer for 8 minutes or till thick. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Place a baking tray into oven. Grease 4 x 8cm base measurement pie pans.
- Cut 4 x 15cm circles from shortcrust pastry. Use to line bases and facets of pans. Fill with mince. Brush rims with water. Cut four x 15cm circles from puff pastry. Place over meat. Press to seal. Trim. Brush with egg. Season.
- Place pies onto warm tray. Bake for 20 to twenty-five minutes or till golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Aussie meat piescalories: