Prepare this recipe an afternoon in advance to make sure there is enough time for the ice-cream to set.
The ingredient of Banana tarte tatin with rum and raisin ice cream
- 150g raisins
- 125ml (half of cup) dark rum
- 300g caster sugar
- 12 egg yolks
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 500ml (2 cups) cream
- 1 roll frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- 6 big bananas
- 250g caster sugar
- 80ml (1/three cup) darkish rum
- 60ml (1/4 cup) cream
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
The instruction how to make Banana tarte tatin with rum and raisin ice cream
- For the ice-cream, soak raisins in rum overnight.
- In a bowl, whisk collectively the sugar and egg yolks. Place the milk and cream in a massive saucepan. Bring almost to the boil. Whisk the recent milk mixture into the egg mixture. Return to a smooth saucepan and place over medium warmth. Use a timber spoon to stir the custard continuously until it thickens and coats the back of the spoon. Do now not permit the aggregate boil. Strain through a high-quality sieve, then area plastic wrap on floor and location within the refrigerator until cold.
- Churn the cold ice-cream mixture in an ice-cream device. Once completely churned, stir rum and raisins thru and shop within the freezer.
- For the tarte tatin, preheat the oven to 220C. Butter a 26-28cm ovenproof frying pan. Cut the puff pastry to fit the top of the pan and set apart. Peel bananas and slice thickly on the diagonal.
- Combine the sugar and 60ml (1/four cup) water in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Boil, with out stirring, until syrup turns a darkish caramel color. Immediately get rid of from the warmth and, very carefully, stir in the rum. Return to low warmness and stir till easy, then add cream and produce to the boil.
- Pour caramel into the base of the pan. Arrange sliced banana in concentric circles, then pinnacle with the puff pastry circle. Brush pastry with beaten egg, taking care no longer to permit any egg run down the threshold of the pastry. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- To serve, invert the tart onto the centre of a serving plate while nevertheless quite warm. Top with the rum and raisin ice-cream.
Nutritions of Banana tarte tatin with rum and raisin ice creamcalories: