The ingredient of Prawn & noodle soup
- 600g cooked medium prawns
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2.5L (10 cups) water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 200g wheat noodles
- 2 birds-eye chillies, deseeded, finely sliced diagonally
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Prawn & noodle soup
- Shell and devein the prawns leaving the tails intact. Reserve the heads and shells. Cut 2 pieces of rind from the lemon using a vegetable peeler. Remove 2 roots from the coriander and bruise with the flat side of a knife blade. Bruise the garlic clove. Combine the prawn heads and shells, lemon rind, the bruised coriander roots and garlic and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes, frequently skimming the surface with a spoon to remove any scum.
- Strain the prawn broth through a colander lined with muslin into a clean medium saucepan. Discard the prawn heads, shells, coriander roots and garlic. Add the fish sauce to the broth and keep hot over medium-low heat.
- Bring another large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the noodles for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain the noodles and divide among the serving bowls. Top with the prawns and ladle the prawn broth over. Garnish with coriander leaves, chillies and green shallots. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Prawn & noodle soupcalories: