When you come home craving a soothing winter soup, whip up this creamy wonder.
The ingredient of Zucchini & parmesan soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 (about 440g) desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 4 large (about 700g) zucchini, ends trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 40g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
- 65g (1/4 cup) sour cream
- Shredded parmesan, extra, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Zucchini & parmesan soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the onion softens slightly.
- Increase heat to high. Add the stock and potato, and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 2 minutes or until the zucchini is soft. Remove from heat. Stir in the parsley, parmesan and sour cream.
- Pour half the zucchini mixture into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining zucchini mixture. Ladle among serving bowls. Season with pepper and serve with extra parmesan and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Zucchini & parmesan soupcalories: 312.373 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 19 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 27 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1449.4 milligrams sodium