This Pumpkin and chive soup is hearty, warming and extremely tasty.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and chive soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and chive soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add pumpkin and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock. Season with pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Add sour cream and chives. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and chive soupcalories: 322.172 calories
calories: 13.5 grams fat
calories: 6.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 42.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9.6 grams protein
calories: 27 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1325 milligrams sodium